Whether your summer vacation plans have been put on hold due to health and safety reasons or you’re just naturally a homebody, you can still have a wonderful season of sunshine without needing to go very far.
Here are some of our favorite tips for how to have a cozy, happy summer at home.
IF YOU PREFER TO STAY INDOORS
If you’d like to stay inside, there are many ways you can have fun and pass the time. From crafting, to baking, to adventuring right from the couch, the opportunities are endless!
- Get inspired to create in the kitchen with some new recipes. This list of healthy (family-friendly) meals is a great place to get started.
- Celebrate the comfy-coziness of the wintertime even though it’s hot outside. Have close family get together and celebrate Christmas in July with festive food, drinks and games.
- Have some fun with family at home, whether through playing board games together, enjoying a spa day or having a relaxing movie night all together.
- Pick up some new hobbies with fun crafting ideas. You never know where your creativity might take you!
- If your kids might be missing out on summer camp this year, have them participate in some virtual activities to keep them occupied and learning even if they can’t get together with their friends.
- Take a relaxing journey around the world by tuning into a series of nature relaxation films on YouTube. You can experience breathtaking aerial views over countries all over the globe, without ever even leaving your house!
IF YOU HAVE OUTDOOR SPACE
For those of us who have porches and yards, you can spend time outside while still staying at home. Why not enjoy the beauty of the summer sunshine by making the most of the outdoor space you have at home and in your neighborhood?
- If you have a pool and kids who love the water, get creative with some pool games that keep you all active, and inspire a little bit of competition.
- There really isn’t an activity that’s as fun or nostalgic as running back and forth through the sprinklers in the summertime! Whether you have little ones or not, who says you can’t turn on the water and enjoy the cool, refreshing stream?
- Create a garden and grow culinary herbs like basil, cilantro and oregano. It’s a gratifying hobby that not only helps pass the time, but also gives you the chance to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- DIY a “Drive in Movie” in the backyard with a projector and treats. Even if you can’t drive the car back there, you can set up a few chairs or cushions and enjoy the time outside.
- Take a leisurely walk around the yard or around the block. Getting some physical activity is a great way to clear your mind!
- Set up a lounge chair and crack open a good book. There, simple as that!
Cozy, Happy Summer (at Home)
You don’t need to stray far from home to enjoy a cozy, happy summer. Whether you’re spending time outdoors or enjoying the comfort of the living room, there are many ways to make the most of this carefree season!
Will you be spending your summer at home? How will you be making the most of your summer? Which of the above is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!