With the Fuzzy Babba team based in New York, we have been trying our best to create new daily routines now that we’re home more than usual. Some of us have gotten to learn new hobbies like painting and drawing, others have been enjoying the chance to spend more time with our families, and many of us have been experimenting with recipes for some cozy comfort food.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make pizza at home, there’s no better time to give it a go! Read on for a tried-and-true method that comes with a seal of approval from our team.
2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 Packet of Dry Yeast (About 2¼ Teaspoons: 7 Grams)
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Cup of Warm Water
Tomato Sauce/Red Pasta Sauce (Homemade or Jarred)
Assorted Toppings: Ham, Canned Pineapple Slices, Fresh Basil, etc.
Total Time: Approximately 2 Hours
Steps to Make Pizza at Home:
1. Start by pouring your flour and salt into a bowl, mix.
2. Separately, pour your yeast packet into the cup of warm water, then mix.
3. Pour the yeast/water mixture into the flour/salt mixture, then start to mix, knead and roll your dough. (We love this fun and easy YouTube tutorial featuring Gennaro Contaldo that walks you through the process.)
4. Once the dough is fully rolled, sprinkle some breadcrumbs into a flat baking sheet, and place the dough balls on top. Cover with a damp cloth, and let the dough prove for approximately two hours.
5. After your dough is ready for cooking, take it out, and rollllllllll it out! While you’re rolling, preheat the oven to 505° F.
6. Add the sauce to your pizza. You can use the back of a ladle to spread the tomato sauce evenly atop the dough.
7. Add your mozzarella cheese, your parmesan cheese - and your toppings. A popular mix is the Hawaiian-style pizza, with ham and pineapple slices, while another is the Margherita with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Add any toppings you’d like!
8. If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can cook your pizza on any flat, heat-resistant material. You can use oiled aluminum foil or a wooden cutting board.
9. Bake for about 12 minutes, until the edges are crispy and the cheese is bubbly.
10. Slice and serve immediately!
Homemade pizza can be served with a simple side salad and a flavorful glass of red wine (or grape juice for the kiddos!). What’s great about pizza is that it’s a real crowd-pleaser dinner for family members of all ages. It’s also the perfect meal to enjoy during movie night, snuggled up in a pair of Fuzzy Babbas!
Have you ever tried to make pizza at home? What are your favorite cozy recipes to experiment with? Tell us in the comments!