Fall is here and Halloween is upon us! That means it’s time for cool costumes, devilish decorations, pumpkin spice everything - and, of course, scary movie snuggles.
Here's how to have a perfect cozy night in, plus all of our favorite Halloween movies to snuggle up and watch.
‘Tis the Season.. For Movie Nights In
Whether you’re more into spooky stories or fairy tale endings, this season is all about cozying up with the people you care about most - and what better way to do that than with a movie night?! Halloween movies are especially fun to watch together, because they’re an escape to exciting, new worlds.
Here are a few classics that are sure to get you into the Halloween spirit!
- Hocus Pocus (1993): “Oh look. Another glorious morning. Makes me sick!” Hocus Pocus is a timeless tale of teens and witches. The story is creepy but still family friendly - you might even find yourself using the movie’s most memorable quotes all year long.
- Halloween (1978): Turn out the lights and turn on this slasher movie, but only if you dare! That infamous Michael Myers mask is scary enough on its own to keep you up at night - and good luck trying to get the movie’s bone-chilling theme song out of your head. Dew doo doo dew doo doo dew deeew...
- Scream (1996): “What’s your favorite scary movie?” A peaceful California town gets super spooked by a serial killer in this 1990s classic. Rumor has it, caller ID requests increased enormously after this horror story came out.
- Halloweentown (1998): This family focused film is wonderfully festive and just good clean fun. Watch it just once and you’ll all wish you were witches, too!
- Psycho (1960): You can thank Alfred Hitchcock for making everyone wary of motels. This super suspenseful horror story will leave you at the edge of your seat, and maybe afraid to close the shower curtain all the way.
- Nightmare on Elm Street (1984): Imagine if someone could haunt, then KILL you from your dreams?! Even though the plot isn’t about Halloween, this gory horror story is still an 80s classic, and one you might not want to watch alone..
- Sleepy Hollow (1999): Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman go at it in this version of one of Halloween’s most popular ghost stories/legends.
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966): Enjoy all the cute feels with this short, but super sweet, story starring all of your favorites from the Peanuts gang.
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993): “...and they call him Sandy Claaaawssss!” What’s better than a holiday mashup? You’ll be singing along to this one’s catchy songs in no time!
Don’t Forget the Snacks
No Halloween movie night is complete without delicious snacks! There’s really no reason to get super complicated with the recipes - some simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep work are all you need to get party ready.
Here are some festive snack ideas:
- Popcorn Balls: Popcorn and movie night go hand in hand. Make the traditional snack a little sweeter with this fun variation! Drizzle some caramel on top, and you’ll be ready to snack with a smile on your face.
- Crescent Mummy Dogs: Wrap dough strips around a hot dog like bandages, then add two dots of mustard for the eyes. How frighteningly easy - and little ones can help, too!
- Shriveled Potatoes with Romesco Sauce: Not every Halloween movie night snack needs to be shaped like a ghoul or goblin. These potatoes are simply delicious, and you can use sword-shaped toothpicks if you’re feeling spooky.
- Marzipan Pumpkins: These are a little bit time intensive, but they’d make adorable toppers for these pumpkin cupcakes.
- Warm Apples and Ice Cream: Nothing says fall quite like warm, spiced apples balanced by a scoop of flavorful ice cream. Cozy up with this easy recipe for the crowd-pleasing classic.
- Pumpkin Bread: Your guests will feel right at home when they taste a slice of delicious, buttered pumpkin bread.
Cozy Up in Fuzzy Babba Slipper Socks
Keep your feet cozy and covered - even when movie night has you jumping out of your seat! Fuzzy Babba slipper socks come in all sorts of different styles that are perfect for any time of year, and a few are especially great for Halloween. Black cat slipper socks are fun and festive, as are orange polka dots and witchy black sequin slipper socks.
Whichever pair you choose to wear, you'll surely keep comfortable
No matter which movies you choose to watch, and what you decide to wear, there's nothing more exciting than escaping to an exciting new world
Halloween movies are especially fun to watch together, because they’re an escape to exciting, new worlds.
Which are your favorite Halloween movies to snuggle up and watch? Tell us in the comments!