A lot of joy can come out of disconnecting from the world around you, and having a cozy night in. No matter the season, by choice or by necessity, whether you’re alone, with family or friends - there’s just something so comforting about spending time at home.
Here are some of our favorite tips for making the most of your cozy night in.
SET THE SCENE
Can you guess the key to a cozy night in? It’s all about the atmosphere! In order to create a more relaxed environment in your home, it only takes a few quick adjustments to inspire calm and comfort.
- Stick to Soft Lighting: Soft white and other warm lights are natural and can remind us of what it feels like to ease into morning. There’s a gentleness to these tones that is just perfect for cozying up at home. Reserve the bright whites for when you need to really focus, and instead, rely on the dimmer or a few floor lamps when it’s time to relax.
- Start Some Soothing Music: A few hours of mellow music could be just what you need to find your inner peace. Whether you search for a ready-made chill mix, create a playlist of your own, or enjoy the surprise of shuffled songs, music is a great way to set the mood for your cozy night in.
- Light Some Comforting Candles: Fragrances have a really wild way of allowing us to escape from reality - and can even transport us back to our favorite times and places. Find a scented candle or diffuser that makes you feel happy, relaxed or nostalgic, and enjoy the soothing memories.
Once you’ve set the scene for comfort, you’ll be well on your way to a super cozy night at home.
DRESS THE PART
It’s really, really difficult to cozy up and relax when you’re in restricting, uncomfortable clothes! When it’s time for a night at home, dress the part in casual wear that looks great and feels even better.
- Leggings or Joggers: Stretchy pants are a cozy outfit essential! Enjoy a night in wearing classic neutrals like black and gray - or be bold in a bright color or pattern.
- A Soft T-shirt: A lightweight T-shirt feels airy and comfortable, while still looking tidy and flattering. Pick a style with breathable fabric that’s loose and soft.
- A Lightweight Sweater: Snuggle up in a cozy extra layer; a lightweight sweater is the perfect addition to your comfy-casual look. Whether you choose a pullover with wide neckline or a cardigan, opt for something that’s easy to take on and off.
- Cozy Slipper Socks: If your comfy outfit is your ice cream sundae, a pair of cozy slipper socks is the delicious cherry on top! Fuzzy Babba slipper socks come in all sorts of different prints and patterns and styles, so you’ll always find something to match your casual wear.
Just as there’s a time and place for a fancy ball gown, a cozy night in is the perfect excuse to break out your comfiest outfit and accessories!
SET OUT SOME SNACKS
A cozy night in absolutely calls for comfort food! If you don’t want to order in, these simple snacks are super delicious - and don’t require tons of prep work.
- Salted Caramel Popcorn: If you’re into sweet and savory, then this will be the perfect treat! Start with this basic recipe, then add any extra toppings you’d like.
- Chips and Dip: Ahhhh, chips and dip are a match made in snacking heaven. There are so many different pairings to enjoy - potato chips with sour cream and onion dip, tortilla chips with spinach dip, pretzels and mustard dip, the list goes on. Get creative with it!
- Mac and Cheese: Macaroni and cheese might be the most comforting, savory treat ever. Go for a classic recipe, make your own from scratch, or pick your favorite boxed version!
- Veggies and Hummus: For a refreshing, crunchy treat, crisp veggies and hummus are a delicious option. Chop them up for easy dipping!
- Hearty Nachos: Stack up some nachos for a meal that’s tasty and super filling. Add a protein like beans, chicken or steak, layer up cheese and salsa, and load on the veggies - instant party!
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup: Especially on a cold winter day, grilled cheese and tomato soup is a classic, comforting combination. Try a roasted red pepper recipe for a little kick to your soup.
Once your comforting and delicious snacks are ready, you’ll be well on your way to your coziest night in.
ENJOY COZY ACTIVITIES
Make the most of your cozy night in with relaxing activities that won’t break the bank! There are endless options to choose from, but here are some ideas to get you started:
- Host a movie night for yourself or your friends and family.
- Share spooky stories (this one’s especially great around Halloween!).
- Binge watch your favorite TV shows, or start a new series.
- Enjoy a long, hot bubble bath with a sparkling beverage.
- Take some time to try out a new recipe, or revisit an old favorite.
- Get your friends or family together for a game night.
- Get around to reading that book you’ve had on the shelf for years.
- Enjoy a relaxing nap, or do absolutely nothing at all!
Whether you’re taking advantage of some alone time, having a little bit of family fun, or getting together with your closest friends, there’s a perfect cozy activity that’s right for you.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
Want to order dinner and stay in your sweatpants? Have fun! Play a board game with friends? Go for it! Re-read your favorite book by the fire? Enjoy! The best part about a cozy night in is that you’re in the comfort of your home - which means that you can do pretty much whatever you want!
How do you have a cozy night in? What are some of your tips? Tell us in the comments!