Is there anything better than a ladies night? Spending time with your favorite female friends can be so much fun, especially when you’re able to bring everyone together in the comfort of your home!
Here are some fun ladies night in ideas - including what to prepare and what to wear - to help you host your own special get together.
Host an At-Home Spa Night
Few things are as relaxing as a trip to the spa; one is bringing the spa home to you.
- Face Masks: The process of “multimasking” has become more popular in recent years. It involves using multiple masks in different places on your face at the same time to treat specific problems at once. Put a clay mask where your skin is oily, paint on a hydrating mask where your skin feels dry, depuff your eyes with chilled cucumber slices, then kick back and say “ahhhh.”
- Nail Art: Not all nail art has to be extremely complicated! Here are some simple, but special ideas for designs you can create for yourself or your friends at home. Before starting on your designs, soak your hands and feet in soothing Epsom salts mixed with your favorite essential oils for a comforting at-home spa treatment.
- Acupressure: Acupressure (using hands or tools to apply pressure to areas of the body in support of relaxation and healing) has been used in Eastern medicine for centuries. For your ladies night in, consider researching some of the most popular beginner pressure points that you and your friends can try on each other.
- Set the Mood: Put on a relaxing spa music playlist, dim the lights and enlist the help of a little aromatherapy (eucalyptus and lavender are popular choices) to create a calming spa-like atmosphere at home. You’ll be feeling zen in no time!
Bring on the Chick Flicks
A girls night in is the perfect opportunity to turn on that cheesy chick flick that makes you laugh, or cry, or both!
Pop some popcorn, and watch one (or a few) of these classics:
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- 50 First Dates
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Bring it On
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Graduate
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
- Mamma Mia!
- Mean Girls
- The Notebook
- Pretty in Pink
- P.S. I Love You
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Something’s Gotta Give
- You’ve Got Mail
Create a Cozy Menu
What’s a ladies night in without some delicious snacks to nosh on? Whether you follow your favorite recipes, or create your own from scratch, food brings people together in very special ways.
- Drinks: Wine, tea or hot cocoa are soul-soothing options to bring to ladies night in. When the weather gets warmer, ice cold lemonade or fruit infused water offer just the right amount of refreshment!
- Savory Snacks: Cheese and crackers are classics, as are deviled eggs, pigs in a blanket, and fresh crudité platters. You can even provide ingredients for a make-your-own trail mix station to create an interactive experience for your guests!
- Special Sweets: You really can’t go wrong with homemade chocolate chip cookies or a super fun, super sweet ice cream bar.
If you have the space at home, ladies night is the perfect time for you and your friends to unleash their inner artists! Crafting with your most trusted companions is a fantastic way to bond with one another in a judgment-free space.
Here are some crafts to try:
Dance it Out
Not everyone enjoys bumping jams in dimly lit (and often super warm!) dance halls - thankfully, you can bring the fun of a dance party straight to the comfort of your home.
- Pump Up the Jams: Turn on some hits from the recent past to get your party started.
- Set the Stage: Twinkle lights and a sparkling disco ball are the perfect decorations for dancing!
- Twinkle Toes: Now is most definitely not the time for high heels. Keep your toes cozy and happy: Slip into a pair of Fuzzy Babba slipper socks, and prepare to dance the night away!
The Most Important Ingredient
No matter what you choose to do, or wear or serve, the most important element of all fun ladies night in ideas is the people you care for the most!
What are your favorite fun ladies night in ideas? Have you hosted ladies night in before? Share your tips and tricks in the comments!